Canterbury East upgraded to meet AfA compliance with our OxClaw® range
Waux has worked with main contractor, Bam Nuttall Ltd and their subcontractor to help deliver Canterbury East footbridge upgrade as the latest Access for All (AfA) scheme in Kent.
Canterbury East, Canterbury, Kent.
Network Rail has upgraded Canterbury East station with new lifts and a new footbridge, providing step free access at Canterbury East for the first time. Canterbury East station is located on the Dover branch of the Chatham Main Line and 61 miles from London Victoria. The £4.8m investment has made the station much easier to use for passengers with mobility issues, older people, and parents with young children. This project has been delivered as part of the Department for Transport’s Access for All programme where more than £300m has been secured to make further accessibility improvements at stations over the next five years.
Waux was initially contacted to survey the requirements for Canterbury East and propose a AfA compliant system with a long design life but keeping costs minimal. Our OxClaw EX30C 12T was the perfect solution. OxClaw® EX30C 12T is a complete nosing and tread system that is designed with a harder wearing front edge, reduce install time and ensure a superior design life to standard GRP.
Rosie Duffield, MP for Canterbury said: “I very much welcome this improvement for my constituents here at Canterbury East Station, it will enhance passenger experience for people with disabilities”
5 Reasons to Choose OxClaw® on an AfA footbridge upgrade
- Heavy duty front edge nosing with a minimum 25-year design life
- Fast turnaround on bespoke requirements, available within 3 weeks from point of order
- Highest slip resistance values on the market, pendulum tests above 80 in wet conditions and to SATRA TM144: 1999 for London Underground. More about the slip results can be read here.
- Fully AfA/DDA complaint with contrasting front nosing edge
- Delivered cut to size, pre-drilled with calculated fixings and adhesives: the full kit from one trusted supplier to reduce lead times and eliminate site delays.
Waux readily provides free professional advice on the most suitable product for your project specification, so get in touch with our technical team today to discuss your requirement. To request copies of our technical specifications, please call 020 8057 8618 or submit your request via the Contact page.
Sign up to receive industry-focused insights, latest projects and new product launches